Saturday, June 26, 2010

Isaiah 58:10-11


and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry
and satisfy the needs of the oppressed,
then your light will rise in the darkness,
and your night will become like the noonday.

The Lord will guide you always;
He will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land
and will strengthen your frame.
You will be like a well-watered garden,
like a spring whose waters never fail.


I have learned I can spend myself on behalf of those in need around the world
right here in my home by being productive- if only I would stop watching TV and wasting time doing silly things.
It is so hard when our work week is so intense to stick to the plans we have in our head.
Sometimes I just want to do nothing-but too often that ends up being the case.
I end up doing things that benefit me.

Lord-help me to maximize my time and be productive for Your children and Your kingdom. Hold me accountable
to the priceless time you give me. Press into my heart your Concerns so they never leave me and stay in the forefront of my mind. I love you. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Elaine - I love it! I will be looking forward to reading this as often as you update :) Love you girl! Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I love a good blog! I have really enjoyed doing mine and I know yu will LOVE it! Looks great so far! Amy

    ReplyDelete