Sunday, June 27, 2010

Tiny Tot


I love my niece and nephews so much it is overwhelming. They are just so precious to me. My niece is just now at almost 8 months beginning to check me out...intensely. My nephew Jake and I have been buddies for a long time now and I love him to pieces. He is so clever it amazes me. Reynolds is the middle child and has a smile that makes me so happy each time I see it. He is somewhat of a loner though already...even at 3. It fascinates me how kids personalities are being formed for life at such a young age. Reyn really likes being by himself-unless he is playing with Jake or hugging on his momma or wrestling with his daddy. BUT....as of late Reyn and I have bonded through swimming. I have never seen my sweet little godson so happy as when he is in the water. He is a great swimmer. He dives...he jumps...he goes under...He is fearless. But...always with his life vest on...until today. He swam 1/2 the length of the pool and I am not sure he even knew it because his dad was who he was swimming too-so he was just so excited to get to his dad. We were all so proud of the little guy. He was too! :) Go Reyn Reyn!

I love the water....regardless if it is the vast endless amazing ocean, swimming laps in the pool, riding a boat on the lake, taking a shower as the water pours over me or simply drinking a bottle of clean water. Water reminds me of the Holy Spirit. When I swim, I am submerged under the water and it is so peaceful as I remove myself from the noise of ths world...aaahhh what a lovely place to be. Water is refreshing, cleansing, and quenches my thirst...just like the Holy Spirit. I can never get enough of either of them! :)

John 4:14
but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."

No comments:

Post a Comment