Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Won't you be my neighbor?


I think it is fascinating that God places certain families and people strategically in neighborhoods, apartment complexes, condo/townhouse communities, etc. I so love going on "God walks" with my little next door neighbor. It is a highlight of my week each time we can escape the noise of the day to coordinate a walk. We always have so much to talk about regarding how God works in our lives, this world, our families and the wise counsel God provides through His Living Word. We usually end up walking double the amount of time we planned-which is always a good thing because without realizing it we end up doing double the exercise.

So who is your "God walk" partner? For my little neighbor, for now she is stuck with me because she can not drive just yet on her own. I have a few and I cherish the time together with each as our conversation is always fruitful and so fulfilling. Our talks are not about purses, clothes, shoes, makeup, hollywood, etc.- things that are temperal but rather about God and His goodness. Sometimes I have to drive for awhile to meet up with a friend for a "God Walk"....sometimes I can just knock on my neighbor's door next door. And for that I am grateful. How far would you have to go to find a "God Walk" partner/friend?

No comments:

Post a Comment