Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The early morning...

Isaiah 50: 4

The Sovereign Lord has given me an instructed tongue,
to know the word that sustains the weary.
He wakens me morning by morning,
wakens my ear to listen like one being taught.


The early morning just has something unique about it.
The smell of the air, the dew on the ground and the things that are low to it,
the sky, the moment, everything about it. I treasure it...when I can wake up early enough to
submerse myself in it.

My brain is like a sponge in the early morning-it soaks up everything. It is so alert.
This is also my favorite time to read God's Word.

But most of all, when on rare occasion I am awakened by the Holy Spirit from my sleep,
this is when I am most delighted. It is very hard to articulate the closeness to God I experience when this occurs but it is always the same and thus why I know it is of Him. I usually hear myself praying and since I am asleep-I must be praying in the Spirit when this happens.

Thank you so much Lord for this great gift!


No comments:

Post a Comment